“Promoting Health and Strong Minority Communities"
The Wisconsin African American Tobacco Prevention Network (WAATPN) is dedicated to supporting African American communities in eliminating tobacco related health disparities and addressing unequal marketing practices of corporate tobacco companies.
WAATPN has succeeded in:
- Facilitating community awareness through events, the media and partnerships;
- Developing a network of supporters;
- Connecting smokers with resources that support cessation;
- And contributing to additional successes such as:
- A 67 percent reduction in middle school smoking;
- A 46 percent reduction in high school smoking;
- An 83 percent decrease in the tobacco sales to minors;
- A 21 percent reduction in adult smoking;
- And more than 150,000 calls to the Wisconsin Tobacco Quit Line.
Take Action Today!
Hit Big Tobacco Below The Belt
- Big Tobacco targets Wisconsin African American youth and young adults—and it’s time to fight back!
- The tobacco industry has taken a blow since Wisconsin went smoke free, but Big Tobacco isn’t giving up, and neither should we.
- States that have slashed tobacco control funding, such as Florida and Massachusetts, have seen smoking rates increase, and Wisconsin risks heading down that same path.
- Hit the tobacco industry below the belt by taking action! Join the fight by providing support through volunteering, participating in community events and meetings and by sharing your voice.
© 2010 - 2012 Wisconsin African American Tobacco Prevention Network
PO Box 241025 Milwaukee, WI 53224